Saturday, February 14, 2015

birthday



Happy Birthday - 84 years old.

The special cake plate was your mother's.  It had always been used  when you were a little boy, for cake presentation. That memory still means so much today, as you have told several of us of it, repeatedly, over the years.

The special angel food cake was made by your new favorite girl - Your PCA -  whose name you suddenly remembered today, as you spoke of how kind it was of her to make the cake; as if you have remembered her name all along.

http://seniorfraud.blogspot.com/2015/02/our-girl.html

"Did you know she's from Canada?", you say to me.

*************************************

I see you studying the birthday cards, each and every one, very carefully, pondering who would have sent a birthday card.

Several are from people you don't know well - and this seems to interest you the most...
-- the one from the lady on the 2nd floor (who is probably the floor representative in the senior condo
-- the one from the Condo association


**************************************

Some ladies apparently showed up at the door, to wish you happy birthday, too.

Who were they?

Presumably ladies from the building, perhaps from the floor.


*********************************

"How old am I going to be?" you used to ask me, as we anticipated this birthday.

Then, once the birthday finally came, you would say, "How old am I now?" And, when I would tell you, I could see there was a certain satisfaction, that you had made it to the mark.  I could see you internally acknowledge the fact, the target.  It was the kind of satisfaction, that in retrospect, now that we know you would die one month later, also said "I am satisfied with where I have gotten, and I don't need anymore".

As numbers would mean things to you, February 13, 1931 date of Birth.  March 14, 2015 date of death.  You would like the way those numbers played out.



No comments:

Post a Comment