Saturday, February 7, 2015

The very first notice of dementia

I was suddenly remembering what I thought was the very first notice we had of your need for assisted living.  I was looking through my notes trying to find the record with the first recommendation. I think it was 2003, and it followed a hospitalization for encephalopathy related to untreated diabetes.

However, instead, I found other notes that I had written in 2003, which reminded me of other pieces of evidence, long forgotten, but now linking together the trail we have been winding over the years:
failed payments on utilities, resulting in late fees and threats to turn off electricity
lost insurance due to failure to pay ; this followed by decision to cancel insurance (a poor choice)
speeding ticket
running out of gas (frequently)
trading options on the stock market ; trading currency (could there possibly be a more fiscally dangerous hobby for a dementing person?)
suboptimal care of your physically ill and vulnerable wife (for whom you were  primary caregiver at the request of both parties)
http://seniorfraud.blogspot.com/2015/02/its-breast-cancer.html
Medication mismanagement
http://seniorfraud.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-day-i-lost-it.html
excessive purchase/ use of over the counter food supplements
lies about large financial purchase/ losses on the one hand, while nit picking over a penny saved on food, gas, phone service
failure to file income tax

**************************************************************

 At the time of the very first recommendation that you should have assisted living, YOU were functioning as a care -giver for your wife, who was wheelchair bound from a stroke, and suffering from cancer.

***********************************************

2003.
It was clearly coming in 2003.
Actually, I am sure it was clearly coming in 2001, and I don't know what  I don't know from before 2001, because I lived in another world,  and I didn't take care of you then like I take care of you now.
And you didn't call me and tell me things.

******************************

Back then I called it magical thinking


No comments:

Post a Comment