Sunday, February 1, 2015

Too frail now to be mean

circa 10/12/11

Its over just under  2 years since  the Conservatorship started.
There are no credit cards in your name and there are multiple fraud protection alerts  to prevent credit cards being opened in your name.

I stop by your place for something or other.  In the course of our interaction I am in your office.
I notice the credit card statement on the desk.

What is this?

I have the paper in my hand.  It appears to be a Discover Card Statement.  (why wasn't I more discrete?)

You say, "Give me that paper".

I am not giving up the paper.
The situation quickly spins out of control.

I try to leave and you stand in front of the door, preventing my exit.

Yes, I could get out if I really wanted to -- I could push you aside hard, but I would never do that.
What if you fell, my 80 year old father?
I could call the police, but I am not really afraid.  I have my cell phone in my hand.

I see a space, and make a quick dash for the door.  I almost make it out, but you crush my body inside the door as you push it shut.  I yell for help, a futile effort,  into the empty hallway.   My arm and hand are bruised in the process.




I call a friend who comes within  minutes.  He has to physically hold you back so I can escape.

******************************************************

Why did Discover give you a card when there was a fraud alert to prevent this?
A fraudulent charge to 5 Star Enterprises, for $221.23, another scam, to a fly by night Arizona based scam company, was made 3 days ago.  This is a purchase for NOTHING that is concrete or real, another get rich quick scam.
You can't afford this.

I end up spending months to resolve the issue, ultimately needing the help of the Attorney General of my state.

********************************************************

I believe the fraudsters will assist the computer illiterate and financially incompetents to sign up for credit cards needed for illegal transactions to take place

**************************************

You are too frail now to do anything like the above vignette depicts.

However, dementia can bring out inappropriate behavior, including violence, in previously peaceful people.

***************************

I also learned a lesson on discretion.  I don't tell you or ask you now when I find things that are off.
I just deal with them quietly.

No comments:

Post a Comment