Monday, November 10, 2014

Happier Delusions last week

"you were with the girls last night, weren't you?", he asks me, with a smile of recognition.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I think to myself.

"Girls were visiting last night?", I say.  "who were they, where were they from, were they too loud?"

"No, they weren't loud.  They went downstairs  to look at the room and they didn't come back", you say.

"The room for what"?

"Where they were going to play", you say.

"Play what? "
"Basketball", you say.

Ahhh.. Basketball -- Of course, a girls basketball team visited this man who never had any interest in sports.  Of course they would be coming to the senior condo to play basketball (there is not a basketball court in the building).

**************************************

"When I went to bed they were there", you tell me.
"all of them?", I ask.
"yes", you say.
"Oh really? Was there room for you in the bed? Did you sleep OK with them all there", I ask.
"Yes, I fit in my space", you say.

"They were gone this morning.  You can't even tell they were here.  They didn't even eat breakfast"

No comments:

Post a Comment