Wednesday, December 31, 2014

paranoia will destroya

"a woman from the gallery called today" - "she said they have your check", you tell me as I am driving to your place.

As soon as I arrive, I look at the phone number  and message you wrote down.  It doesn't make sense. I look at the phone log.  There is a different, but related phone# on the log .  I look the numbers up on the internet.  Who called? Is this another scam?  is it a local phone # or is it actually from India? (both having 952 exchange)

I go to Century Link's site - I re-learn how to block calls. I print the instructions for myself.  I go back to your place. Armed with my "tools" I again start the process.  Who called?  I follow the CenturyLink instructions.  Whoever called won't be able to call again, because I have blocked them.

An hour later, I am back home, and I realize there is an email and a text, from your new personal care attendant / nurses aide, who has been coming in for a few hours in the morning.  She lost the paycheck I had left, while out shopping.

It suddenly makes sense.  Luckily, I still have the numbers I had jotted on spare pieces of paper.  I dial the number.  It is a lady at the "Galleria".  Yes, she found the check that was lost.  A True good Samaritan, she tracked us down to report she had the lost item, safe and sound.

It was all true.  The story you told me was true. And I :
a) didn't believe you.
b) went to great lengths to protect you (needlessly)






No comments:

Post a Comment