Sunday, December 14, 2014

Proud

"I am amazed at how you can do that", he exclaims, as I hand him dinner. Its the Friday meal from Meals on Wheels, a cold tuna salad casserole with a side of mixed fruit slices, served up on a plate, instead of the cardboard container in which it arrives. We had gone out to eat on Friday, and on Saturday I brought home made pot pies from my house.  So today, Sunday, its the Friday meal from Meals on Wheels.

"You are really good at what you are doing.......... You are so fast".

"I want you to know that I am proud of you".

It melts my heart to hear those words, even if out of context --- it has been so long.  I will choose to believe that the part of the brain that is talking is proud, not for today, but for many things, including for doing what has been right, even when it involved a struggle.

*****************************************************

"When did you start cooking?", he asks.  "Did you used to cook back before, years ago?"

No comments:

Post a Comment